Elisa A. Filman is a founding partner of Rodman LLP and currently serves as the firm’s managing partner. Elisa is an experienced and trusted adviser who focuses her practice in employment litigation law. She has represented corporate and individual clients in large and small disputes arising in the course of the employment relationship.
Elisa counsels clients involving a variety of state and federal claims with an emphasis in cases involving:
- Wrongful termination
- Discrimination claims
- Family leave statutes, such as the FMLA
- Whistle blower laws
- Wage and hour laws
- Negotiating the intricacies of employment agreements at the beginning and end of an employment relationship.
Elisa’s litigation practice involves representing clients in all stages of dispute resolution, from initial consultation, administrative and court proceedings, through negotiation and mediation, regularly representing clients in courts throughout the Commonwealth and before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination. Her practice covers cases involving misrepresentation and fraud, contractual disputes and other business disputes.
For her corporate clients, Elisa has experience in reviewing employee handbooks to ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal employment laws, including discrimination and equal pay laws.
Elisa received her J.D. from Suffolk University Law School in Boston and a B.A. in History from Scripps College in Claremont, CA. She is originally from Menlo Park, CA and now lives in Sherborn with her wife and sons.
- JD – Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA
- BA, History – Scripps College, Claremont, CA
- All Courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- The United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts