Thomas W. Evans
Thomas W. Evans is a civil litigation and trial lawyer with substantial experience, having tried 10 cases to verdict or judgment. Mr. Evans has represented a wide range of clients including individuals, national and international corporations, businesses in the financial and banking industries, publishing and other media organizations, and companies in the healthcare, construction, insurance, food services, office supply and chain department store industries in all aspects of complex civil litigation.
Areas of practice encompass business and fiduciary litigation, including financial fraud and bank liability matters, real estate disputes, including land, lease and zoning litigation; litigation related to healthcare including representing healthcare professionals and businesses; construction litigation; insurance coverage and unfair settlement practices matters; professional liability cases; non-competition, non-solicitation and other employment matters; defamation and other first amendment media and publication disputes; and other complex business issues. Experience also includes mediations, arbitrations and appellate work, appearances before zoning boards, negotiating leases and other contracts, and advising clients on employment matters. Mr. Evans’ clients have included Hewlett-Packard Company, McDonald’s Corporation, Sears, Kmart, Federal Express, Staples, and Pitney Bowes.
- Harvard College, A.B. Government, cum laude
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of Rhode Island
- District Court for the Districts of Massachusetts
- District Court for the Districts of Rhode Island
- The First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Note & Comment Editor, New York University Journal of International Law
- Served as Treasurer for candidate for Governor of Massachusetts
- Represented hospitals in negotiation and settlement of multi-million dollar insurance coverage claim involving suit for fraud, defamation and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented manufacturer in coverage claim against insurer involving underlying loss in United Kingdom.
- Represented insured in coverage claim involving title insurance policy.
- Represented financial advisors in professional liability matters.
- Iantosca v. Benistar Admin. Services, 567 Fed.Appx. 1 (1st. Cir. 2014).
- Cahaly v. Benistar Prop. Exch. Trust Co., 85 Mass. App. Ct. 418 (2014).
- Manganella v. Evanston Ins. Co., 702 F.3d. 68 (1st. Cir. 2012).
- ZVI Const. Co. v. Hartford Ins. Co., 2011 WL 2923876, at *1 (D.R.I. July 18, 2011).
- Boston Property Exchange v. Iantosca, 834 F.Supp.2d. 4 (D. Mass. 2011).
- Iantosca v. Benistar Admin. Services, 64 F.3d. 24 (1st. Cir. 2010).
- Pierce v. Clark, 66 Mass.App.Ct. 912 (2006).
- Nisselson v. Lernout, 469 F.3d 143 (1st Cir. 2006).
- Aldrich v. ADD Inc., 437 Mass. 213 (2002).
- Vakil v. Anesthesiology Associates of Taunton, Inc., 51 Mass.App.Ct. 114 (2001).
- A.G. Edwards, Jr. v. MBNA America, 248 F.3d 1126 (1st. Cir. 2000).
- Community Builders, Inc. v. Indian Motocycle Associates, Inc., 44 Mass.App.Ct. 537 (1998).
- Rielly v. News Group Boston, Inc., 38 Mass.App.Ct. 909 (199)